Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Over the Hump

This afternoon was the first time Mr Boy, David and I have been alone together in 6 weeks. The first 5 weeks were the hospital where you are NEVER alone. I don't care if there is no one in the room with you... you are not alone... glass doors and a nurses' peep window ensure it.  And this past week my family was here and don't get me wrong, it was AWESOME. We loved it. I'm just saying it's crazy to think that we have not been alone for 6 weeks. There were plenty of times in the hospital when I told myself that the second I was finally alone I would scream and cry for a few hours to let it all out. I bottled up all those moments when I just needed to scream and cry, inside my heart till the moment no one would see it; the moment I was finally alone. At times I felt like I could burst. And I know David felt the same.

But the time has come. We are finally alone and we can honestly say that all the horrible, hard moments we watched Mr Boy endure are mere memories and the joy of seeing Mr Boy doing so well, has settled in. I no longer need to "let it all out," because, "it," has mostly dissipated. There are plenty of hard moments each day: Mr Boy still withdrawals, some of these medical devices need magicians to work properly, g-tubes hurt the skin and wounds leak a lot. But there is a peace about life. We have crested the "hump" which we were dreading for 2 years and are on the down-hill.

Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.






No comments:

Post a Comment