Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

An Honor

The very night I called my parents to tell them the bad news about my ultrasound, my mom knew she was going to have a rough night of praying and sobbing and prepared herself for a huge cry session. But when she began to pray, she was overwhelmed with peace and joy and spent the whole time rejoicing. The Lord showed her that it was an honor for us to be Mr. Boy's parents and He was blessing us with this baby.  
I have to say, we don't feel this way every single day, but we know it is true regardless. The Lord is our Shepherd and we are in his fold. He allowed this into our lives and has been using it for His glory! I am sure Joseph didn't feel super positive every single day he was held falsely in prison in Egypt for years, but the Lord used that prison stay to lead him to become the second-in-command of all of Egypt and thus save all Egypt and his family from a 7 year famine (Genesis 37-50). God knows what He is doing even when we don't. And that's comforting! 
One year ago this week, I was checked into the hospital with pre-term labor after carrying Mr. Boy for only 6 1/2 months. I told the Lord, "Lord... excuse me, but I think that all these birth defects are enough.... this baby doesn't need prematurity too." It was like one more blow to the gut in a series of horrible events in this pregnancy. I sat in the hospital this week last year, praying that I would still be there with Mr. Boy in my tummy, until February 1, his due date.  But God knew what He was doing and had a different plan. It's good that He answered our prayers for Mr. Boy's protection in His own way, even when it looked like a really bad idea to me. haha. What an honor to be put on this crazy journey as this little boy's mommy!


Mr. Boy thinks it's funny that he arrived early.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing how great trials can become great blessings! God is indeed sovereign over all of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing how God works in such mysterious ways?!

    ReplyDelete